Step 1. Requirement:
- You need to have PHP , Composer , and a web server like Apache or Nginx installed on your computer.
- You also need a database server MySQL , PostgreSQL , SQLite , etc installed and configured.
Step 2. Install Laravel:
Open your terminal and run the following command to create a new Laravel project:
composer create-project --prefer-dist laravel/laravel project-name
Step 3. Configure Environment:
- Rename the .env.example file to .env in your project.
- Update the .env file with your database connection details and other configuration settings.
Step 4. Generate Application Key:
Run this following command to generate a unique application key for your Laravel project
php artisan key:generate
Step 5. Database Setup:
- Create a new database for your project on your database server.
- Update the .env file with your database connection details, such as the database name, username, and password.
Step 6. Migrate Database:
Run the database migrations to create the necessary tables:
php artisan migrate
Step 7. Run Development Server:
To start the development server, run the following command
php artisan serve
This will start the server at http://localhost:8000
Step 8. Explore and Develop:
- Open your web browser and navigate to http://localhost:8000 to see your Laravel application.
- You can start building your application by creating routes, controllers, models, views, and other components.